Saturday 3 May 2014

April 2014...

Whew! It's been a goddamned long couple of months. I totally missed-out on putting March up because I started two (Yeah, two) jobs, my new course at school, AND moved. It's been busier than holy hell and we're finally starting to reach a level of homeostasis that we've not seen in a while.

Despite our house being in utter shambles at the moment and me literally working or being at school every single day of the week, I am very slowly falling back in love with life. I adore the new house, my jobs are glorious, and Muffin and I are doing fabulously. I can't really complain a huge amount.

Speaking of new jobs, I actually JUST got home from a pretty long day, so I've got to get on with this...


Things i love most RIGHT NOW:

  • New house... It's over 1,500 square feet of fabulous. Not only do we have a bedroom, but the kids will have a bedroom to sleep in when they come visit, Muffin has a music room, and I have my own craft room. Yeah,  you heard that right. I have a craft room. A room entirely dedicated to all my yarn, sewing machine, scrapbooking crap, and glitter. It's my own little slice of heaven that I am madly in love with.
  • Costco... It's pretty much the best place ever, in the world. I am in love with their pizza (LESS THAN TWO DOLLARS A SLICE) and can't believe the huge amounts of fruit and veggies I can get all at once. We don't go there horribly often, but I love being able to go and just walk around and find things I can't live without.
  • Work... You all should probably just deal with the fact that I work at LUSH now. I have been desperately trying to get a job there for years now, and FINALLY got it! I literally have a job that lets me wear as much glitter as I want, which is never a problem. Every day when I get off Muffin actually treats me like I've been writhing around with dead bodies all day and herds me to the bedroom to strip off and change into something less sparkly. I couldn't be more pleased.
  • My teacher... I've mentioned her once. Maybe twice. I can't help but mention her again. I love her an indescribable amount. She is such a kind, wonderful woman and I couldn't imagine having a better teacher even if I wanted to. It is a joy to get out of deb every morning because I know that I will get to sit at my little desk and listen to her very passionate discussions about topics that she very clearly feels strongly about. She inspires me to push myself and learn as much as possible and that's what everyone should look for most in a teacher.
Things that are consuming my life right now:
  • The new blog... My new step-parenting blog. It's really been special to have a place that is mine that can be used solely for talking about all the crap going on in my life with regard to blending families. It's very fulfilling.
  • DIY projects for the new house... I've been whipping out curtains, making rugs, painting shelves, and learning new organizing techniques that are really helping us to make this new house a home. So far, the kitchen and bathroom have new curtains and two of the bedrooms have new rugs on their way to being done. Life's been busy with school and workies and stuff, but I'm finding time to make lovely things for the house and channel my energy into something more positive and enriching.
  • Watching all the best documentaries... When i get some spare time I like to throw on one of the literal hundreds of documentaries I have saved on our Netflix queue. I really enjoy sucking up as much information as I possibly can about every topic from adoption to narcotizing fasciitis. It's fascinating and helps my mind keep limber and on top of it's game.  

Things I want to tell March Danie:
  • "Summer is just around the corner and it's going to be a doozie, so brace yourself!"
  • "The house will get to where it needs to be. You don't need to fuss over every detail. It's okay to take a break just for yourself sometimes."

 last but not least... here's a quote. This has HAD to be my mantra for the last month or two. There has been a lot of horrible bullshit going on around me and I've had to remind myself repeatedly that it is okay to be frustrated and angry, but never, under any circumstances, is it okay to be hateful or cruel. So many people have an issue with their emotions and can't contain them. They are forced to do horrible things by their shitty attitudes, and I am thankful that I am able to rise above that.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...