- the way music is used in film... i have been noticing lately, much more than usual, the way that music producers use music to enhance different things in films. i especially have been finding i have a soft spot for the really cheezy films that play synthesized 'suspense' music when you should begin to worry and prepare for a blast...
- getting emails from actual people... i LOVE when i open my inbox and there, amongst all the trash and derbyfreecycle stuff, an email lives that has been lovingly handwritten by someone i actually know. the newest addition to my email fun this week was this, which really made me feel nice...
I just spent the last 2 hours reading every one of your posts @ blogspot.com. My goodness you have one of the most interesting lives around. I respect that. I read your thoughts on things and I get giddy just thinking about how you would act when you walked into the asylum and the big fish place. things like that are magical and I'm glad you try to capture all of the moments that you can.
i don't know that i will actually reply, but suffice it to say that it was nice to receive and it made me feel better. thanks, if you are reading.
- being back at work... despite the fact that i LOVED my time off work, i have really been happy being back. everyone has been really helpful and it kinda feels nice to have people tiptoe around me and actually think before they pile lots of work on me. (side note: a really sad story is that, upon the day of my return, we were informed that there was a motorcycle accident on friday and my coworker's brother died. they had just moved in together and he, my coworker, was out of the country on holiday when it happened. a very morose atmosphere has enveloped the office, as can be expected. that particular coworker is off work now, as his home country is germany and they need to get the body taken back for the funeral. i really feel for him, losing a family member is so horrible.)
- janeyvisit! janey sent me a text today saying she would come visit me this month. OMG i hope she makes it. i heart her so much and i hate the way i have been feeling lately. i want to make this the most superfun derby visit she has ever had. fish and cupcakes will feature!
- movietime... i have been consuming SO many films over the last few days! OMG! a small list is as follows: the watchmen (eh), idiocracy (quite a delightful, not-very-well-known film), zathura: a space adventure (jumanji meets alien, totally fun!), teeth (very cheesy and not as good as the adverts make out but still totally worth watching for the aforementioned music and crappy plotline) and knowing (OMGWORSTFILMI'VEEVERSEEN!!!!!)
- knowing i crochet better than anyone i know... it delights me to no end that i am able to create things that nobody i know ever could. at the moment i am freestyling a vintage radio and OMG i am pleased with it so far.
- the fact that everyone i work with knows i collect crap... everyone i work with has finally realised that i actually just love everything all the time and have taken advantage of that fact when clearing out their houses by bringing me misc things that they find... the latest item is a fabulous set of pillowcases that mary brought from her mother-in-law's house (who has moved into a care home, sad for her, but score for me, as i will be getting all the clutter mary doesn't want!)
the end... for now! go forth and make your own lists!