Friday 7 February 2014

January 2014...

Oh January. You really put so much spirit in my heart for what this new year has to offer my family and me.

You've helped me realize that good things CAN come out of heartache and stress, just so long as you remain honest and steadfast in doing what is right.

You gave me new friends and things to look forward to.

Most importantly, you gave me inspiration. I opened up this new year with the decided intention to make this year better. To make it fun, honest and worth every single moment. I began this year with a crochet hook in hand and a list of patterns the length of my arm that I plan to tackle and I really do plan to see results.



Things i love most RIGHT NOW:


  • My weightloss... still trucking along and working to make myself a better person. It's been a little slower the last couple of weeks because I've been busy with school and then sick and then... well, now I'm just making excuses. Regardless, I've gotten back on track and I'm feeling better for it.
  • Our heater... Yeah, it's gotten alarmingly cold here in WA and as a result, I've totally had to break my ex-husband's training and turn the heating on. I HATE having the heat on above sixty, but the last week I've HAD to have it on because I've been wildly ill and perhaps close to dying of hypothermia. I was in no less than five shirts and under three gigantic blankets and was STILL freezing. So the heat was on and I was as content as possible.
  • Ice water... As a result of my illness, I've been put on a series of very serious antibiotics that have left me completely dehydrated. My lips actually feel like they are just going to turn into pieces of jerky at any moment. I've been living on ice water filled with slices of lemons and it's been glorious! I can't seem to get enough.
  • Drawing... Oh yeah. I'm still doing a pretty offensive amount of drawing. I'm pretty pleased with myself and have actually been asked to do a piece of art for a friend of mine over in Japan purely because she'd love to hang something of mine in her office. That's such a nice feeling and as a result, I've created a pretty miraculous piece of work. Drawing's been pretty therapeutic for me these last several weeks. 
Things that are consuming my life right now:
  • American Horror Story... Like, it's consuming my life because I've got nothing else to watch. It's not great, but it's also not horrible. There's a lot of cameos and a lot of interesting twists, but it's pretty stressful to watch because sometimes there are so many confusing intertwining of stories that I've got to stop it and figure it out before moving on. It's good, so give it a try if you've got nothing better to do.
  • Hunger Games... In the wee hours of the night prior to falling asleep, I lay in bed and read. My current books are the Hunger Games books. They're pretty great and I'm enjoying them a great amount. I can't WAIT to get to the third one so I can FINALLY find out what the hell happens in the end!
  • Planning... We'll be moving eventually. Maybe sooner than later, we have no idea. And when we do, I want to be super prepared and know that the new place will be a new start for a life that is good for Muffin and me. An organized, comfortable and not-surrounded-by-neighbours life that will make the both of us very happy. So Pinterest has been my BFF the last couple weeks, just so I can start planning how to pack things when we DO get the word that we will be moving. It's exciting and I can't wait to start a new part of our lives.

Things I want to tell February Danie:
  • "Good LORD, take some time for yourself! Stop concerning yourself with other people and their needs. You have your own!"
  • "How about a malibu and coke, just to relax a bit?"

 last but not least... here's a quote. a very important quote that I need to keep in my mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...